The successful candidate will be expected to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of a Baker, which can include:
• Ensure profitability by maintaining an accurate record of baking operations.
• Manage needed supplies and inventory levels.
• Direct and supervise the production staff’s activities to make sure that products are up to standards.
• Decorate baked products using glaze, icing and other toppings to achieve a finished appearance.
• Assess the quality of raw materials before baking.
• Conduct research to develop original recipes for products.
• Ensure the proper storage of baking utensils.
• Open the bakery early in the morning
• Clean kitchen equipment and tools before use
• Weigh the flour and other ingredients to prepare the dough
• Bake different bread types, like pretzels, baguettes and multigrain bread
• Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking
• Mix various ingredients to create fillings for cakes and pies (e.g. chocolate and fruits)
• Decorate cakes with glazes, icings, buttercream and edible toppings, like flowers
• Shape dough to prepare different types of pastries, including croissants, cookies and sweet rolls
• Prepare custom-made pastries based on customers’ preferences (e.g. birthday cakes)
• Recommend recipes to renew our menu and attract more customers (e.g. gluten-free or vegan desserts)
• A good Baker should have basic math, technological and practical skills. The right candidate will typically possess time management, communication, organizational and resource management skills.
• Must be willing to work in Enugu State
• Minimum of WAEC
• Proven working 2-3yrs experience as a Baker in a reputable firm.
• Flexibility to work around customer demand
• Ability to work with team members to solve problems
• Good planning skills
• Ability to lift heavy items for an extended time
• Ability to read and follow recipes
• Track food supplies and place orders, as needed
• Experience as a Baker, Pastry chef or similar role
• Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders etc
• Understanding of food safety practices
• Experience with cake decoration techniques
• Excellent time-management skills
• Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
• Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
• Flexibility to work in early morning shifts
• Certification from a culinary school is a plus
Salary: N 25, 000- N30, 000