Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in housekeeping or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
Core Work Activities:
Managing Housekeeping Operations:
- Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Works effectively with the Engineering department on guestroom maintenance needs.
- Supervises the property's general cleaning schedule.
- Obtains a list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and a list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards, and procedures.
- Assists in the ordering of guestroom supplies, cleaning supplies, and uniforms.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public spaces.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment, and uniforms.
Managing Departmental Costs:
- Participates in the management of the department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Understands the impact of the department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements, and payroll progress report as needed to assist in the financial management of the department.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs), and support the Peer Review Process.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Uses all available on-the-job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.