- Plans the work for the housekeeping department and distributes assignments accordingly.
- Assigns regular duties and special duties for the housekeeping staff.
- Schedules employees and assigns extra days off according to occupancy forecast.
- Maintains a time logbook of all employees within the department.
- Recruit and train new employees.
- Assigns new employees to work with experienced help.
- Checks on the work of these employees occasionally and observes the report made by the supervisors.
- Approves all supply requisitions, such as those for spreads and bathroom rugs.
- Maintains a lost-and-found department and is responsible for all lost-and-found items.
- Determines the rightful owner and send correspondences.
Responsibility & Authority:
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire resort.
- Ensure that rooms are made as per company standard.
- Prepare Annual Housekeeping Budget.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform.
- Organize inventories with Accounts and General Store for linen, uniform and fixed assets.
- Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures
- Prepare reports for management information.
- Assist Purchase department in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping.
- Plan, control and supervise Horticultural activities.
- Attending and resolving guest complaints.
- Verification of supplies consignments.
- Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Approval of the Functional Manual of the department.
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
Other Routine Responsibilities:
- Daily inspection of public areas and employees locker rooms.
- Daily briefing of Supervisors/ Executives.
- Coordinating the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and a public area with the maintenance department
- Immediately attending to guest requests.
- Strong Leadership abilities and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial, thinks out of the box and Able to drive change and look for operational efficiencies/synergies across the network.