The responsibilities of this role will be broad and include:
- Work closely with other company senior executives to set the long-term vision for the company based on a thorough understanding of the long-term trends that will affect the future of the investment business and the firm’s vision and mission.
- Develop business strategy and an execution framework for the company’s long-term vision.
- Work with the product and strategy teams to identify and fill product gaps.
- Build and further develop a team of highly capable professionals who would help achieve the mission of the team.
- Create a culture of curiosity, intellectual honesty, openness, and self-awareness in order to achieve sustained investment outperformance.
- Provide leadership to the team, setting and maintaining an inspiring direction in line with the company’s vision and strategy.
- Drive financial management activities including annual budget development, financial performance, cash flow management, etc.
- Ensure appropriate policies are developed, which comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations, to meet the company’s mission and objectives.
- Allocate and delegate roles, responsibilities, and tasks clearly, effectively matching the level of responsibility with the appropriate skills, experience, and authority required within the company.
- Build the investment risk framework for the company, obtain Board Investment Committee approval, and execute with continued input from the CEO and the Board.
- Review and improve the performance attribution framework for the company and oversee on an ongoing basis.
- Interface with the Finance and Operations functions in order to ensure smooth operations of the funds and portfolios.
- Work with the Wealth and Product teams on special client projects, strategy sessions, and other client events.
- Oversee and contribute to the research and investment strategy functions in order to provide thought leadership and guidance to our clients.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the Board & CIO, keeping them abreast of developments within the industry.
- Act as an evangelist for our funds and publications in the traditional and digital media.
- MBA/Graduate degree in management, strategy, finance, or similar
- Professional qualifications such as CFA, ACA, ACCA, are an added advantage.
- 15+ years previous experience in Finance, Investments, Strategy, or Consulting roles at top tier global firms with at least 10 years in investment roles
- Strong investment strategy skills with a focus on quantitative methods.
- Detailed theoretical and practical understanding of portfolio construction, performance analytics, econometrics, and investment risk management.
- Deep expertise in developing and managing quantitative investment teams.
- Proven track record managing fixed income and equity portfolios.
- Strong risk management expertise
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Strong business/commercial acumen
- Strong strategic and futurist thinking skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively: strong project/process management skills.
- Proven ability to balance the demands of the various stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and open-minded; setting aside existing assumptions or biases in order to look at things in a completely new way.
- Ability to engage and work collaboratively with clients, colleagues, and multiple stakeholders, forming effective relationships and driving the value enhancement objective.
- A willingness to be hands-on as appropriate.
- Ability to bring innovations to operations.
- High level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Highly organized, self-starter with the ability to manage projects with limited oversight. • Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Intellectually curious
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- A strong focus on excellence
- A thirst for knowledge and learning.
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams
- Exacting attention to detail, picking up on the details that others miss.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience