The Executive Director is responsible for working closely to uphold the firm's philosophy in managing all investment funds and portfolios. The ED is responsible for overseeing the annual strategic allocation and portfolio construction process as well as day-to-day investment decisions.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Executive level
- Experience Length:15 years
- Scan the African business environment for relevant business opportunities.
- Put in place a Market Intelligence strategy for deal origination
- Develop business strategy and execution plans across sectors for origination
- Present perceived opportunities to MD/CEO and Board (where necessary) for directions and advice.
- Initiate deal books, proposals, information memorandum, and other marketing pitches with the aim of winning a mandate.
- Secure business mandates towards meeting the Company’s budget
Market/Transaction Analysis & Research
- Identify business opportunities in different markets
- Review client documentation to make a business case for the transaction. This involves analysis to support the proposed funding structure, risk analysis, SWOT analysis, etc.
- Formulate appropriate transaction structure for deal execution
- Review client’s related industry to better understand the business of the client.
- Generate a workable roadmap for the transaction execution.
- Lead the Preparation Teasers/Papers on the client’s industry to better aid management’s decision-making and advise on the direction to pursue.
- Assist in coordinating Due Diligence exercises both from the buyer and seller side and preparation of Due Diligence reports in respect of proposed acquisitions
- Review and supervise the preparation of financial modeling (e.g., cash flow/financing models)
- Review and lead preparation of Valuation report and analysis
- Research, prepare and support presentations and pitches for new business
- Market Issuing House and other capital raise transactions
Client Relationship Management & Follow up
- Primary contact person for all transaction parties.
- Manage client relationship vis-à-vis transaction deliverables and updates
- Prepare for calls and meetings with clients.
- Ensure the Preparation of call memos within 24 hours of calls
- Carry out pre-assessments on prospective transactions to facilitate the in-house decision-making process as well as help to advise clients appropriately.
- Ensure that a high degree of cordial and professional relationship exists within team members, customers, and other divisions within the company
- Constantly follow up with all parties to ensure proper coordination and flow of the transaction.
- Vet and make observations with respect to Auditors and Reporting Accountant’s reports during the housekeeping stages of the execution of Financial Advisory and Issuing House mandates
- Liaise with and coordinate the activities of other professionals during Financial Advisory and Issuing House mandate executions
- Follow up with clients to ensure that our fees are paid as at when due.
- Set up meetings and liaise with the company’s back-office staff at relevant times.
- Provide reports/updates on transaction status to the MD/CEO and to the Board (when required).
- Provide Strategic Support to MD/CEO and the Board and other subsidiaries of the company.
- Recovery of outstanding unpaid fees owed by clients.
- Ensure Timely and accurate filing of transaction documents
- Ensure secured and retrievable Maintenance of all transaction files
- Prepare proposals and make presentations to prospective clients.
- Lead and supervise the preparation of information memorandum, prospectus, and offering documents for filing with regulators.
- Lead and supervise the preparation of EOI, RFPs, Deal Pitch & Call Memo
- Lead Team’s preparation of the budget in a timely manner
- Ensure targets are met, monitor the targets and incomes
- Ensure that expenses are within budget
- Effective management of approved Budget
- Ensure timely response to regulatory letters
- Review all periodic regulatory reports prepared by ERM before submission
- Follow up with Compliance to ensure timely filing of periodic reports
- Ensure timely filings of corporate changes with all regulators i.e SEC, FMDQ, NASD, etc.
- Report, review, and assess new regulatory developments and changes to existing reports.
- Maintain excellent rapport with regulators
- Get feedback and report from regulatory meetings
- Prepare reports on amendments/updates to regulatory provisions
- Allocation to specific projects from time to time based on work demands
- Other related responsibilities to meet tight transaction timeline
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related fields
- An MBA from recognized institutions is highly desirable
- Relevant professional certifications (ICAN, CFA, etc) is required
- 15 - 20 years of industry experience, with at least 7-10 years being in the capital market.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to train, develop and manage large executive teams
- Executive presence and ability to maintain a calm demeanor in high-stress environments
- Strong leadership ability.
- Strategic mindset.
- Professional business acumen.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Continually drive effective results.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
Remuneration: NGN 40,000,000per annum