Executive Chef Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains develop and motivate supervisors and culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
- Teaches preparation according to well-defined recipes and follows up and discusses ways of constantly improving the cuisine at the property.
- Displays exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counseling employees as appropriate, and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
- Provides direction for all day-to-day operations in the kitchen.
- Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and motivate kitchen staff.
- S/he advocates sound financial/business decision making, demonstrates honesty, integrity and leads by example.
- Provides and supports service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Delegates as appropriate to develop supervisors and subordinates to accept responsibility and meet clearly defined goals and objectives.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Actively involves in menu development and maintaining updated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
- Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations, and flavour.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Ensures all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department and hotel standards.
- Reviews guest feedback form for guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Coordinates with the purchase unit for the acquisition of needed goods and services.
- Ensures all products are prepared in a consistent manner and meet departmental appearance/quality standards.
- Ensures proper grooming and hygiene standards for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures all kitchen employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Ensures proper purchasing, receiving, and food storage standards in the kitchen.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation, and service levels.
- Actively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Maintain Quality levels of receiving, storage, production, and presentation of food.
- Ensure sufficient staffing levels are scheduled to accommodate business demands.
- Follows and enforces all applicable safety procedures specified for kitchen and food servers.
- Discuss daily food cost reports with key kitchen and F&B team members.
- Review weekly and monthly schedules to meet forecast and budget.
- Attend the daily morning meetings and other administrative sessions.
- Identifies the developmental needs of kitchen staff and provides coaching, mentoring, and also helping them to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Trains kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate presentations. Also, interview and hire new applicants for the kitchen.
- Frequently review finished products for quality and presentation before the orders are sent to guests.
- Able to perform additional duties as requested by the hotel management as and when required.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to hotel operational Standard and Management Policy.
- And any other task that may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Having an eye for detail and creativity to look at things differently will be a key to developing the Food and Beverage Experience.
- Able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Hospitality Management or equivalent Culinary Diploma or university degree.
- With a minimum of four years experience in a similar capacity/function in a reputable hotel with a strong background in HACCP procedures and application.
- NGN 120,000 to 160,000 Naira monthly