· Develop, plan, prepare standard food according to approved menu.
· Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and relevant equipment
· Cook & bake in a timely manner
· Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
· Supervise Cooks
· Monitor food stock and place orders
· Check freshness of food ingredients and discard out-of-date item.
· Assist in recruitment of kitchen staff
· Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
· Oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of all kitchen equipment and utensils and provide feedback to the Management in case either is damaged or worn out.
Skills and Qualifications
· Minimum of 5 years proven work experience as a Chef.
· Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques.
· Culinary school diploma preferred.
· Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment.
· Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes.
· Familiarity with sanitation regulations and requirements.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Demonstrate commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as they pertain to exceptional standards of cleanliness and order.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with guests and colleagues
· Approachable and establishes immediate credibility with the guests and staff.
· Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly ensuring housekeeping and cleanliness standards are maintained at all times.
· Candidate must be resident in Delta State or willing to relocate.