The Erosion Control Engineer is
required to have extensive design and construction experience. The ideal
candidate is expected to meet and exceed the organization’s performance and
delivery goals. The recipient will be responsible
for the following substantive tasks involving the following but not limited to:
· Perform Erosion control and shoreline restoration work through various methods, which may require cutting, raking, chipping, grading, staking, sodding, etc.
· Undertake a wide variety of work around sea shores, lakes, streams, canals, wetlands, and hillside erosion areas.
· Give his/her technical expertise as required to produce, manage and coordinate the drainage design aspects for different types of infrastructure and supervise related works.
· Responsible for managing staff under his/her supervision and ensure high quality design documentation and site works are carried out on time and on or under budget.
· Responsible for ensuring designs and related documentation of projects which is to be carried out on time as per the agreed task.
· Work closely with Project team in the planning of projects, scheduling of tasks and developing an integrated project design.
· Carry out relevant hydrological studies and analysis and hydraulic designs to specify efficient drainage systems
· Interpret and use survey data and geological/geotechnical information for design of efficient and effective drainage systems.
· Adopting context appropriate technology/techniques and embedding sustainable solutions as well as whole life-costing in the design development process
· Review designs and modification in terms of accuracy and ensure suitability to overall design requirements, including identifying improvements in the designs and be able to propose practical solutions
· Development of Drawings, Technical specifications, BoQs etc to support the Design Review Package and subsequently Tender Dossier.
· Contribute to Design Review process to address feedback from Independent Design Reviewers until receipt of Certificate of Design Review Compliance
· Collaborate with the Procurement Team in the preparation and evaluation of tender documents.
· Periodic site supervision and monitoring to ensure that the work is done according to the Works Contract (ie. drawings and technical specifications etc), as well as to the required quality standards and in adherence to Health, Safety, Social and Environmental requirements
· Carry out testing and commissioning for handover and acceptance of deliverable to Client.
· Contribute to the production of As-built drawings.
· Archive files for all design documentation, memos and instructions in correct format and in line with clients archiving procedures
· Timely delivery of the expected output and identification of risk of delay and development of mitigation measures.
· Respond to other related tasks that will be assigned in response to the Company’s Office needs.
RequirementsB. Egr Civil Engineering or its equivalent Candidates should be professionals with at least 10 years experience. Previous experience landscape grade and turf installation, marine construction, concrete construction or renovation a plus Field work requires frequent lifting and carrying of heavy objects and other tools and objects that may weigh 50 lb. or more. Frequent bending, crouching, pulling, pushing, and balancing are physical requirements of employee’s work Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills Ability to obtain and maintain licenses/certificates as required by federal, state and local regulations Use of Engineering drawing software such as Autocad
- Use of relevant design software related to hydrologic modeling and data analysis and hydraulic design