- Plan and coordinate construction projects from start to finish.
- Manage construction sites on a day-to-day basis, including monitoring sub-contractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget, by setting benchmarks and monitoring progress.
- Check designs with Architects and Surveyors.
- Promote and maintain health and safety, including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed.
- Think both creatively and logically to resolve design and development issues.
- Communicate and liaise effectively with consultants, subcontractors, Quantity Surveyors and others involved in the project.
- Manage budgets and other project resources.
- Minimum of 15 years Engineering and Construction experience
- Must be a registered Civil Engineer (preferably COREN)
- Project Management and supervision skills
- Confident decision-making ability
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD or similar.