1. Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving electrical instruments, facilities, components, equipment products, or systems for industrial purposes.
2. Performing a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
3. Ensures that defects are found and fixed daily on assigned equipment, most especially around high loss areas.
4. Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings or topographical maps.
5. Establishing construction or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations.
6. Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or project requirements by directing or coordinating installation, construction, maintenance, documentation, support or testing activities.
7. Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies.
8. Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
9. Working with a variety of technicians.
10. Produce a long term vehicle replacement program in conjunction with Management.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Internal customer satisfaction
PROCESS & OTHERS
Number of defects prevented
Time to rectify defects
Percentage of equipment downtime
High levels of equipment performance with respect to quality
Standardizing reporting and measurement
- Sound engineering knowledge in a broad range of disciplines—mechanical, electrical, process, control and metallurgy,
- Excellent understanding of electrical engineering as it applies to operation’s power supply and distribution.
- Experience and proven track record in delivery of all aspects of maintenance and overhaul of various plant and equipment
- Experience in developing maintenance budgets in an operating facility
- Attention to details
Significant working knowledge of design and visualization software such as AutoCAD
Proven success in the areas of project management and supervision
- Degree in Engineering / Current certifications in applicable skills a plus
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a comparable capacity