We are looking for an experienced Electrician to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructure. Your job will involve installing elec trical wiring in buildings , troubleshooting malfunctions and blackouts and repairing appliances
- Minimum Qualification:Vocational
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Promptly attend to any electrical faults on-site with minimum time required
- Periodically carry out preventive and corrective maintenance on machines and equipment
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance.
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels, etc.)
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with the occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits, etc.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions, and customers' requirements.
- Start and stop generators.
- Monitor and troubleshoot operating equipment
- Other duties are assigned to you by the Head of Technical Services.
- Minimum of High School (SSCE) with Test I, Trade Test II, and Trade Test III certificate, or suitable equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience as an electrical technician, and willingness to continue in the field.
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter, etc.) and electrical drawings.
- Good Knowledge and practice of Health and Safety.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Must be creative and innovative
- Excellent attention to details
- Adept knowledge of Health, Safety, and Environmental Management(HSE)
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Must possess the right attitude to work within the organization.
- Must possess organizational and analytical skills
- Must be a team player
- Must possess good communication skills.