Duration and rate:
- The contract will be for 5 months initially, with the possibility of extension, contingent on funding allocation. The initial rate will be set between 50% (half-time) and 100% (full-time), depending on what proportion of the required tasks the selected candidate is qualified to perform.
- Building engaging course materials that teach R skills for epidemiology (including text tutorials, video demos, practice quizzes, and summative assessments)
- Searching for and repurposing existing open-source tutorials for the learning needs of our target audience
- Engaging with potential and actual users to understand needs and address feedback
- Designing and customizing the online learning management system that hosts the training material
- Training and mentoring other employees, interns, and external contributors
- At least two years of experience using R, Rmarkdown, and the Tidyverse.(“Experience” can include time spent learning these tools.)
- Background in epidemiology or a similar field
- Passion for education, with some (formal or informal) teaching experience
- English fluency
- Experience working in, or collaborating with, health institutions in low or middle-income countries
- Experience with WordPress and web design
- French fluency
Perks of the Role:
- Flexible hours
- Fully remote
- Engaging work on a variety of tasks
- Opportunity to grow together with a dynamic team that is passionate about transforming health data science education
Interested applicants should submit the following materials:
- A CV or resume
- A cover letter describing how their knowledge, skills, and abilities align with the job description and project vision.
- Evidence of R expertise. This could be a project whose development you led, a GitHub account, a StackOverflow profile, a published or in-progress scientific paper (with code) where you played a key role in the analysis, etc. Can be linked in the CV, or sent separately.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis until the final deadline, Friday, January 28, 2022, 23:59 CET.
Longlisted candidates will be asked to prepare a teaching sample: a text, video, or interactive web tutorial that demonstrates their pedagogic skills and philosophy.
Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to a remote interview.
The estimated start date for the role is February 15, 2022.