1. Design STEM educational programs, events and activities.
2. Review STEM curriculum design and content, and prepare lesson plans.
3. Collaborate with other trainers to synergize various training programs in support of the Pearls Africa vision.
4. Train other trainers and support staff.
5. Teach robotics, electronics, programming and other STEM subjects and skills to girls and young women.
6. Mentor girls and young women towards world-class careers in IT.
7. Guide trainees and mentees through evolving technology and IT transformation.
8. Ensure the use of effective and innovative approaches especially in improving equity to and performance of trainees and mentees.
9. Ensure accurate and consistent collection of monitoring data and tracking of trainee and mentee progress.
10. Use collected data effectively to continuously evaluate the performance of all STEM educational programs, events and activities.
11. Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual evaluation reports of STEM educational programs, events and activities.
12. Develop plans for improved STEM educational programs, events and activities on the basis of evaluations.
13. Advice on the procurement of hardware, software and firmware across a range of technologies.
14. Solve hardware, software and firmware problems across a range of technologies.
1. Sensitivity to issues affecting the girl child.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics Education, Physics Education, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Electronics Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
3. Two years, minimum, of experience teaching Computer Science, robotics or programming.
4. Experience teaching Mathematics and/or Physics at secondary school level will be a plus.
5. Extensive experience, going back to undergraduate years, of working on the internet of things, artificial intelligence/machine learning, augmented and virtual reality, 3D printing or drone technology projects.
6. Enthusiasm for looking at real-world challenges and solving them creatively.
7. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with sterling ability to communicate effectively in multicultural environments and to multiple audiences.
8. Excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills in English.
9. Enthusiasm for talking about innovation and keeping up with the latest technology news.
10. Integrity and ability to work as a team member as well as independently.