- The Education and Psychosocial Support Officer will provide technical leadership in education and protection OVC services.
- The OVC Education and Psychosocial Support Officer will have some combination of technical expertise and experience in OVC service areas that include; child protection, psychosocial support, education, child rights, and advocacy.
- The OVC Education and Psychosocial Support Officer will guide the project technically in terms of OVC service provision; capacity development and mentoring of community volunteers and caregivers on child protection and education.
- To develop a detailed annual work-plan for OVC Care and support in child protection and education and participates in project evaluations and assessments.
- To identify and support needy OVC with primary and secondary school fees.
- To plan for and oversee debriefing training for adolescent youths.
- To plan for and undertake follow-up training for community volunteers.
- To facilitate the formation and training of Community OVC coalitions and task forces
- To prepare and submit timely monthly, reports and share with partners as appropriate.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and skill:
- Minimum of first Degree or HND in Social Sciences or a degree in public health, Social Sciences or another relevant field
- 2-3 years experience.
- Have an understanding of the child rights sector, OVC frameworks in Nigeria and OVC programming guidelines including National Service Standards is essential.
- Experience working with children
- Experienced in child rights
- Knowledge of OVC programming is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint presentation
- Excellent project management skills and attention to details
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills and innovative
- Fluency in English and Igbo is essential and.
- Must reside in Enugu state.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send his/her Applications using the Job title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2021