A client is looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students/pupils in the class in line with the Nigerian, British Pearson iLower secondary and IGCSE curriculum.
- Responsible for lesson planning, preparation of lesson notes, and maintaining the discipline of the students in the classroom.
- Teaching according to the educational needs, abilities and achievements of the individual students and groups of students
- Adopting and working towards the implementation of the school development plan.
- Assigning work, correcting, and marking work carried out by his/her students
- Assessing, recording, and reporting on the development, progress, attainment, behaviour of students and any other duties assigned by the management.
- Plan and prepare well-structured, clearly presented lessons appropriate to the abilities of all students and the syllabus being taught
- Make sure that the classroom is a stimulating environment that facilitates learning.
- Generate enthusiasm for the subject being taught and inspire all students to work to their potential.
- Liaise with the Head of Department and Learning Support where a student may have special educational needs and with the supervisor or guidance counsellor if the student has other extracurricular difficulties.
- Promote high standards of behaviour by encouraging a positive, proactive approach to study and build productive relationships with students
- Set homework according to policy and pertinent to the student’s ability and wider workload
- Promote and deliver high standards of teaching.
- Be punctual to lessons
- Provide high-quality, accurate, constructive, and targeted information to parents in subject reports, incidental meetings, and communications.
- Assess, record, and monitor the progress of all students according to school guidelines in order to provide accurate information to parents in a variety of forms, as and when necessary
- Maintain materials and resources as needed.
- A minimum of Second-Class Lower degree in Economics
- At least 5 years of teaching experience in a secondary school
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of ICT as an educator
- Familiarity with the Nigerian, British Pearson iLower secondary and IGCSE curriculum
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- Appropriate references.
Remuneration: NGN 100,000 – 200,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.