Activities and Deliverables:
- Assess the macro impact of COVID-19 on the economy, jobs lost due to the pandemic, climate change, and recovery resources mobilization plan and identify opportunities for green jobs creation and green investments.
- Preliminary assessment of how COVID might affect climate actions including biodiversity, the planning processes of NDC revision and implementation, and the LTS.
- Identification and quantification of appropriate short-, mid and long-term economic measures that the Government can consider to support the country in recovering from COVID-19 impacts.
- Work closely with COVID-19 task force members at the Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning (FMFBNP), potentially together with other relevant line ministries and potential sources of finance to identify and develop climate financing initiatives, including low-emission and climate-resilient projects that can be used as COVID response measures.
- Build capacity at the Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning (FMFBNP) and other selected government Ministries on climate change and economic development and climate finance.
- Reporting to the implementing partners on the Nigerian and German side
- Advanced degree and experience in economics, finance, climate change, or a related field.
- 10+ years of professional experience in public and private sectors, ideally related to infrastructure and project finance, public Investment, project development, and fundraising.
- Three+ years of substantial experience in business development, capital raising, and/or developing public-private partnerships.
- Experience working with government stakeholders in national and/or regional policy development and implementation in climate change activities.
- Experience across multiple contexts and an understanding of international policy debates and challenges in climate finance and economics.
Required experience and skills
- Excellent writing, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills across a range of stakeholders, including a senior financial institutions or governmental leadership.
- Proven ability to network and develop partnerships across a range of stakeholders and track record of managing complex multi-stakeholder strategies and plans.
- Strong understanding of climate change issues including the global environment and development dynamics that influence resource allocation by governments and development organizations.
- String knowledge on National Planning, Public Financial Management systems, climate finance and corresponding funding sources.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship management with senior leaders and high-level audiences.
Contract duration and duty station
- Contract duration: 12 months, preferably 15th May 2021-14th April 2022.
- Duty station: Abuja
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details via email (Please include vacancy no. 023 in mail subject)
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.