We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill this position.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Helping children to achieve the EYLG
- Motivate and stimulate ALL children's learning abilities, often encouraging learning through experience
- Provide pastoral care and support to children and give them a secure learning environment
- Assist with the development of a children's personal, social, language and physical coordination abilities
- Develop and produce visual aids and teaching resources
- Encourage mathematical and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play
- Help children develop their curiosity, creativity, and knowledge.
- Work with others, including teaching assistants and nursery nurses as well as volunteer helpers, to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors
- Share knowledge gained with other practitioners and build and maintain relationships with parents
- Observe, assess, and record each child's progress and development.
- Ensure the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the school
- Keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice
- Be a university graduate of education
- Be ready to learn, imbibe, and always put into practice the vision, mission and core values, norms and objectives of the school and imbibe the same in ALL the children in her care
- Love, inspire, excite and nurture children 0 to 5 years through a crucial stage of their Early Years Foundation Stages (EYFS) in Crèche, Nurseries 1, and 2 classes.
- Have abilities to plan and carry out creative activities to meet the requirements of children in the Early Years Learning Goals (EYLG).
- Motivate children and imaginatively use resources to help them learn.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for them to develop their social and communication skills while recording observations and summarizing their achievements.
- Be focused on children achieving the EYLG and preparing them for a successful transition to primary school.
What to expect:
- Work as part of a team with other childcare professionals and assistants.
- The paperwork involved in the job can often mean some evening and weekend work at home
- The constant need for energy, ideas and creativity, as well as the necessary paperwork
- BA or B Sc. degree in Education
- Have EYFS knowledge and skills
- 3 to 5 years experience as an EYFS teacher
- Respect and fondness for children
- Excellent communication, observation and listening skills
- Good organizational skills to plan children's daily activities and respond to their different needs
- Passion for teaching, patience, and flexibility
- The ability to inspire and enthuse young children
- Energy, resourcefulness, responsibility, and caring nature
- An understanding of the needs and feelings of children
- Ability to work independently with children, as well as being able to work in the wider nursery/school team
- A sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective. Stamina to keep up with the needs and energy of a large group of young, lively children
- Creative skills such as music, dance, drama, arts, and crafts are advantageous.
- 3 to 5years post qualification experience
- Worked with children of relevant age and is required; and
- Preferably in a school environment.
- 7.15 am. until 4.30 pm.
- Prepare and set up activities for the day.
- Extra hours may be required for staff meetings, inspections, and parent consultations.
Note: Candidates living on the Island are advised to apply