Duties and responsibilities:
- To contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members
- To keep records of your key children’s (where you have Key Children) development and learning journeys and share this with parents, carers, and other key adults in the child’s life
- Engage in good team working
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- To attend occasional out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parent's evening, fundraising events, etc.
- To be flexible within the working practices of the nursery.
- Be prepared to help where needed, including undertaking certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- Work alongside the Nursery Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery’s philosophy is fulfilled
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Manager
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the Nursery or Deputy Manager has initialed the report before the parent receives it
- Look upon the nursery as a "whole" where can your help be most utilized, be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children
- Ensure someone known and agreed by the nursery and parent collects the child
- To respect the confidentiality of all information received.
Specific childcare tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit each child's stage of development and interests
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key person
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing
- Washing and changing children as required
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Ensuring a poorly child is kept calm and warm and management is notified immediately
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times, both within work hours and outside.
- At least 5years as an early years practitioner
- Experience in nurturing and encouraging children/colleagues
- Experience in implementing enjoyable activities for children
- Good understanding of children’s needs and some understanding of child development
- Good customer service and partnership skills to develop and maintain relationships with colleagues and parents
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and children
- Ability to observe, comment, and write clearly
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities and diversity
• Experience of working with children (under 5’s) within a nursery or childcare setting
• Understanding and practice of the EYFS
Location: Edo State