This position requires that the person must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children, especially in the field of early childhood/primary education and development. The teacher must have a passion to inspire young minds and a commitment to ensuring that every child achieves his/her potential. Your role is to develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the ideal development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude in order to achieve the child’s full potential.
- Organizes and provides developmentally appropriate early childhood education programs; plans and implements curriculum and education for children ranging in age from two to five years old.
- Provides activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of children.
- Plans and prepares classroom setting; oversees safety and educational programs; supervises children in the classroom; provides a supportive environment in which children can learn and practice appropriate and acceptable individual and group behaviors.
- Interacts with parents and guardians; maintains open and cooperative communication with parents, encouraging their involvement in school program
- Writes daily individual assessments of each child's development; child attendance, and related reports.
- Developing and implementing lessons and work schemes, using the school foundation program as a framework
- Teach basic skills such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills; Teaching phonics, diction and related subjects.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Read books to entire class or small groups; while teaching all areas of the nursery/primary curriculum
- Providing feedback to Head Teacher, Management and parents/custodians on a pupil's progress as when due
- Training and teaching learners to the point of being able to favourably compete with others nationally and internationally
- Lead, guide, and train other employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.