· Plan and organize the work activity of the electrical and instrument technicians such that all planned and unplanned work is progressed to a satisfactory completion
· Direct and work with E/I technicians, Electrician, and other Technicians. Provide feedback on performance issues to the Superintendent and on the job training where required.
· Ensure that planned maintenance activities are performed correctly, timely and in an efficient manner. Reporting or recording same as directed
· Ensure that plant and equipment is fully operational and critically maintained in accordance with procedures. Be proactive to maintain high Standards
· Diagnose faults on defective equipment ensuring that all work is adequately monitored, carried out safely and is fit for purpose
· Clear reporting of deficiencies and malfunctioning to the Maintenance Superintendent. Discuss and analyze technical and spares issues with Maintenance Superintendent. Propose solutions to deficiencies, non-conformities etc.
· Review the quality of information in the maintenance database, such that the information contained is technical valid, accurate and up to date
· Ensure that spare parts received for E/I department are fit for purpose and revert any non-conformity in due time
· Ensure compliance with FPSO permit to work system, isolation standards
· Maintain a close working relationship with all Department Supervisors and be aware of roles and responsibilities with regard to emergency response.
· FPSO operations experience is desirable
· Have experience of working using Permit to Work systems
· 7 year offshore experience
· Good knowledge of applicable codes standard and regulation
· Knowledge of safety systems/ship automation
· Experience in instrument design/engineering conceptual, feed detail design, construction support, hock up & commissioning.
Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined. Capable of assertive and positive communication and performance.
Leadership Skills: Exemplary safety and managerial leadership skills. Good levels of written and spoken communication in English language. Clear understanding of behavioral and logistical personnel issues.
Technical Skills: Appropriate standard of technical, legal and professional knowledge as defined by competences.
IT Skills: Practical familiarity with standard ‘Office’ software package. Operation and use of internet and electronic system.