- Lead on contracting and procurement activities for drilling support services.
- Carry out Progress development/appraisal and exploration well planning and operational processes and procedures.
- Lead the development and implementation of the drilling risk assessment for field activities.
- Provide technical drilling planning and implementation of drilling engineering activities ensuring that wells are designed and drilled in a safe, cost effective, and an environmentally responsible manner.
- Serve as a core member of the Wells Planning Team to design and implement. optimum development drilling plans and contingency plans.
- Develop and track completion metrics to drive high-quality and cost-effective completions.
- Pre-qualify contractors and service providers for tendering of drilling support services.
- Prepare technical scopes of work for all drilling support services tenders, including QA/QC processes for materials.
- Participate in the technical and commercial bid evaluations for drilling services.
- Generate material specifications and procurement scheduling for drilling operations.
- Provide planning and budget cost estimates for the development drilling program as required.
- Provide daily support to drilling operations to ensure safe, efficient, and high-quality results.
- Conduct After-Action-Reviews to access overall performance of service contractors and evaluate drilling procedures being implemented.
- Support and adhere to the project timeline including coordinating peer reviews and post audits.
- Have an Engineering degree in Petroleum, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or a similar technical field.
- Have ten (10) or more years of drilling, completions and well interventions experience, with a minimum of 5 years with operating companies.
- An IWCF Surface BOP Stack Certificate (Supervisory Level) is essential.
- Ability to work effectively with others, strong interpersonal relations and communication skills, forward looking problem solving, autonomous and adaptable.
- Respectful and discreet to colleagues and contractors.
- Must be flexible and resourceful.