- Control equipment such as circuit breakers to regulate the flow of electricity through substations and overhead distribution lines to customers.
- Record the readings of switchboard instruments to compile data concerning quantities of electric power used for substation operation and amount distributed from the station.
- Communicate with load dispatcher to report the amount of electricity received into a substation and to receive switching instructions.
- Report outages, load data to load dispatcher and receive switching instructions.
- Records temperature and oil levels of transformers at specified intervals.
- Place protective tags through established safe clearance procedures for all equipment in the plant and substation.
- Take note of changes in load allocations and make routine adjustments to meet such changes without immediate supervision. Report unusual situations to supervisor.
- Maintains daily operating log on all operations, both routine and emergency, and reports online outages and weather conditions.
- Pull circuit breaker switch or push buttons to interrupt the flow of current in disturbed line preparatory to repair and connect the alternate circuit to carry the load of de-energized lines.
- Inspect, operate, and maintain substations and distribution apparatus consistent with safety regulations.
- Switch and maintain substation equipment for proper operation.
- Prepare the equipment for operation and starts, stop and control the units.
- Perform switching operations in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Records hourly readings of indicating and integrating meters, and changes, marks, and checks charts of recording instruments.
- Implement a safe working practice within the sub-station, follow up on operational ethics & safety standards.
- Awareness of the condition of the equipment (both indoor and outdoor) within the station and relay any abnormality to the area control.
- Carry out a proper inspection before/and after the resumption and closing time.
- HND/Bachelors in any technical/engineering related discipline.
- 0 to 3 years relevant experience in the engineering or technical field.
- Business Focus/Organization Knowledge.
- Time Management.
- Communication. (Oral & written)
- Interpersonal Relationship.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making.
- Analysis & Reporting.
- Critical Thinking.
- HSE Awareness.
- Knowledge of the Network Grid.
- Knowledge of Transformers.