The dispatch/Delivery Rider will be responsible for on-demand pickup and delivery of various packages, such as: official documents, office supplies, fabric materials, pharmacies supplies, groceries deliveries, fresh food items, cooked food items and many more. Primarily to work as a delivery driver, delivering to our various customers including shops, restaurants, schools, residential addresses, trading estates and offices. We deliver using motorcycle.
This role is a permanent position, currently for a candidate located in Lagos.
- On-demand pickup and delivery of all legally allowed packages less than 10 kg ranging from food items to office supplies, groceries items to pharmacies supplies. Delivered to customers address as specified in the app.
- Responsible for accurate delivery of packages as well as delivery in good condition
- Maintain assigned schedule and ensure, group and individual SLA are meet.
- Maintain motorcycle in clean condition and maintain fuel level of assigned motorcycle.
- Maintain proper hygiene, sanitary and safety practices as regulated by state regulating policies.
- Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Follow traffic laws and drive in a safe manner to ensure safety of the driver, others on the road, condition of truck and food.
- Immediately inform the Supervisor/ support of lateness or emergency mechanical failure.
- Inform Maintenance team of routine maintenance and repairs.
- Adhere to all state health and safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the operation manager and appropriate administrators that are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications of the position.
What You’ll Bring:
- A minimum of HND/ bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Physical fit with good knowledge of Lagos metropolis
- practical experience in similar role
- proven customer service experience Ability to work under pressure
- Ease of use of android/iOS Applications, and ability to ride motorcycles professionally.
- Valid driving/ riding license, to include Lagos Rider’s ID card (LASDRI)
Who You Are:
- You must be hardworking, Diligent, and possess Positive Energy
- You must be physically fit, with ability to lift 20kg package(s)
- You must have excellent Lagos road navigation knowledge
- You must have “eagle-eye”, adaptable, detailed and optimistic.
- Must be an excellent communicator, conscientious and great work ethics
- A good listener, very attentive and a fast learner
- You must have the capability to work under pressure, being resolute and self-motivated
- You should feel comfortable using technology daily. You will make use of applications on phone like GPS for Navigation
Life at errandafrica:
- Join a diverse, passionate & goal driven team of all backgrounds
- Casual work environment
- Comprehensive Group life insurance benefit.
- Health benefits to fit your needs
- Competitive salary.