- Specific areas of responsibilities that you will be responsible for include but are not limited to the following:
- Discern, clarify and crystalize the academic and professional strategy for CITN Tax Academy and inspire staff to work together to deliver exceptional outcomes in training, education, and research.
- Map out and ensure implementation of training programme for Tax Practitioners, tax administrators and taxpayers
- Supervise the technical content design and development of the Academy programmes
- Develop programs and procedures for effective collaboration with relevant institutions to implement the CTA programmes
- Develop programs and guidelines to minimise reputational risk to the Academy and maintain public confidence in products and students of the Academy
- Direct and oversee extensive research on issues pertaining to taxation, finance, and the economy.
- Direct and facilitate regular publication of technical materials for dissemination, both nationally and internationally
- Develop technical papers, suggestions, and contributions on behalf of the Institute into draft legislations, National and State budgets with particular reference to tax policies and other matters of interest to tax practice.
- Ensure prompt response to research and technical requests from the regional body of taxation
- Work with relevant committees to develop and implement policies that will ensure both new and existing professionals attain and maintain the highest professional standards & behaviours.
- Direct the team in the development and updating of programmes and information (web-based and others) for use by internal and external stakeholders, specific to key initiatives and areas of the Academy’s activities.
- Oversee and ensure the relevance of standards for entry to the Academy at different membership grades; and the accreditation of courses and other programs.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience in managing a training and learning development institution
- Knowledge of current developments in tax and fiscal policy
- Background in research and development in a professional establishment
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, relevant software, and databases
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Must be analytical in carrying out jobs and critical in thinking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective planning and organization skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the objectives, mandate, and policies of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution, relationship, and team-building skills
- Business focus - Basic understanding of business structures and systems
- Performance Management
- Understanding of Tax laws and regulation
- Minimum of Doctorate degree in Accounting, Taxation, Economics or other relevant disciplines
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) and membership in other relevant chartered professional body is mandatory
- Minimum 14 years' cognate experience in a similar industry with at least 5 years in a Senior management or director position.
- Previous experience and good industry knowledge in a professional institute, education, research or financial sector
- Experience as an administrator in a recognized education, examination, and student affairs facility.