ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development and management of effective integrated media plans
- Developing media placement objectives, strategies, plans and presentations
- Maintaining media plans including changes, budgeting, execution, reporting, optimization and invoice reconciliation
- Ensuring account and creative team is apprised of changes to the placements by producing the creative and specs worksheets
- Developing and executing a paid search, display, video, social and programmatic ad campaign recommendations and optimizations in Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Eskimi, Yahoo, Transsion and other ad networks as may be necessary
- Staying apprised of industry standards, new media programs/opportunities and able to advise on new ways to reach targets
- Developing and fostering strong relationships with media partners
- Evaluating media opportunities and presenting media plans clearly
- Providing campaign effectiveness reports to clients, and recommending optimizations when appropriate to improve media performance
- Handling all digital media billings using monthly tracking reports and invoice reconciliation
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Passionate and articulate and can craft a compelling case/recommendation and present it to clients
- Good understanding of how digital fits in the overall client marketing/media strategy
- Strong analytical skills and ability to relate results to client business objectives, providing a basis for measurement of the digital activities
- Proficiency in using standard online media research and planning tools
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills to work closely with and build relationships with the account, creative, tech, PR/social media teams. Works well in a team structure
- Ability to work with a range of clients and budgets, from small always-on local placements to national campaigns
- Able to work well on a team: The media team will comprise several people, all with big personalities and high expectations. A successful digital media planner/buyer will be able to work with a lot of different people successfully and manage the relationships it will take to do so in an efficient and empathetic fashion.
- Expertise with All Things Digital: As the digital media planner/buyer will be in charge of placing and helping clients bid for top-notch media platform advertisement spots, the digital media planner/buyer needs to be on top of all things media. Taking time to educate yourself constantly on new trends and platforms will definitely set you apart—even after you’ve been hired.
- Easygoing Networker: Once you’re in digital media, you’ll be seeing the same faces constantly. Being able to naturally make connections that you can later use to help clients is an incredible asset that you should definitely highlight in your application.
- Great Negotiating Ability: As a large part of being a digital media buyer involves bidding on and buying digital property, being able to negotiate a great price for the client while, at the same time, making sure that the client gets everything that he or she needs while outpacing their competition is a delicate balancing act but a necessary one for the field.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Chief Digital Officer. Remote work and part-time applications will not be accepted.
- We are a growing, well-regarded and passionate firm, and a digital media planner and buyer would be a strong addition to our team.
- Intense offers benefits including health insurance, pension, paid vacations, holidays and competitive wages
Salary: NGN 200,000 - 350,000