The ideal candidate for this 12-month long contract will:
- Work with the PW Global Training Manager to develop a contextualized digital marketing training curriculum for trainers and entrepreneurs in Nigeria
- Build internal capacity of pilot Local Community Institutions (LCIs) through training, coaching, and mentoring, so that those LCIs, in turn, can provide ongoing digital marketing support to their members
- Provide digital marketing training for entrepreneurs in pilot LCIs, and document learning and best practices
- Provide training on how to develop new markets & basic computer skills as needed
- Perform other related functions as may be assigned from time to time
- No less than 500 entrepreneurs are connected to the digital marketplace, increasing their revenue by 10% or more across the board
- Pilot LCIs have the professional capacity and have included digital marketing support in their business development service offering
- No less than 100 entrepreneurs are actively developing new markets and implementing innovative thinking in their businesses
- Face to face training of entrepreneurs on digital marketing whenever possible
- Face to face and remote training of LCI staff trainers on digital marketing & innovative design thinking
- Training entrepreneurs & LCI staff to leverage technology to gather & use data for business growth
- Building the internal capacity of pilot LCIs to provide ongoing digital marketing & basic computer skills to their members.
- Training of not less than 500 LCI members on digital marketing. Support 500 entrepreneurs to start digital marketing and increase their revenue by 10% or more
- Document learning and best practices for replication and scaling
Core Competencies required for this contract:
- Flexibility - adaptable and creative, with experience working in and finding solutions in diverse and changing situations
- Facilitation and Coaching — Facilitating adult learning is a critical competency for this assignment. The candidate must be competent at identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping them to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Integrity – does not compromise being their authentic self or the mission, vision & values of Partners Worldwide while maintaining humility.
- Cooperative – finds common ground on which to build relationships that facilitate learning
- Independent – self-driven and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Initiative – able to assess and execute based on current and ever-changing conditions
- Dependability - being able to be counted on or relied upon, when you always do everything that you say you will and never make promises you cannot keep
- Innovation – the ability to find or develop non-obvious solutions to a wide variety of challenges, and to teach others the same skill
- Communications - strong oral and written communications skills; fluency in Hausa and English; awareness of cross-cultural communication issues in northern Nigeria and Liberia
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Demonstrated digital marketing expertise with multiple Online Market platforms that are common in West Africa
- Demonstrated competency in multiple of the following areas: business training, small business development, business mentoring, cross-cultural communications
- Expertise with MS Suite of tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, online reporting systems, and multiple forms of digital and analogue communication services
- Permanent resident of Nigeria
- Ability to travel widely, and sometimes at short notice
- A sincere Christian faith, lifestyle and values that are reflected daily; exemplary servant leadership & the ability to relate well with partners and stakeholders of PW.
- Ability to travel widely, sometimes at short notice
- Postgraduate or undergraduate education in Marketing, Computer Science or related course from a reputable university.
- 3- 5 years experience in digital marketing, digital markets development, and business development in the private or non-profit sectors.
- Must demonstrate experience in marketing a product or service online.
Work Environment & Demands:
- This person will be expected to travel widely to facilitate training and coaching. This may include travel to rural areas where LCI partners of PW work.
- Most of the work can be done remotely from home, but occasionally the candidate will be required to work in PW offices in Abuja or Lagos for extended periods of time.