- Maintain and extend our service monitoring. We use tools such as Datadog to detect and react to issues. We’ll need you to be proactive and find issues before they happen.
- Keep things running. Systems do break from time to time. When they break, your job will be to make them work again. Once they work, walk the developers through the failure so they can prevent them from breaking again.
- Keep our systems secure. We have a dedicated security team, but you’ll also need to be ready to fight off intrusions. Defeat any attempts at breaking into our systems.
- Help us improve continuously. If you have suggestions for making things better, we’d love to hear about them.
What you have
- Expertise in cloud solutions and virtualisation infrastructure, including AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and KVM
- Familiarity with Linux and open-source applications such as Rsyslog, DHCP, iptables, Postfix, NGINX, and initialisation systems such as systemd and SysVinit
- Extensive experience in TCP/IP networking, firewalls, and VPNs
- Knowledge of hardware and software firewalls, intrusion detection methods, security systems, and DDoS protection
- Thorough knowledge of bash scripting
- Knowledge of Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, or similar configuration management tools
- Experience in: Site reliability engineering (SRE), Managing round-the-clock operations for incident resolution, including alerts, rotations, and escalations, Designing and working with high-availability web service architecture, Application containerization (preferably Docker), Database administration (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Fluency in spoken and written English
What’s good to have
- Extensive knowledge of information security and data protection
- Experience with Terraform and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Perl, Python, and other scripting languages
- Knowledge of industry-accepted IS standards
- Experience in: Hardening Linux systems, CI tools such as Travis-CI, CircleCI, and Jenkins, Documentation of processes and incidents, Version Control software (Git), Windows Server Administration (IIS, MS-SQL)
What we’ll give you
- Exciting work challenges
- Collaborative work environment
- Career advancement opportunities
- Market-based salary
We are the DevOps team. We collaborate with various teams to ensure successful code deployment, component testing, process re-engineering, and quality improvement. With a holistic view of our technical environment, we provide the best solutions that benefit the company and our clients.
We’re Deriv. We’re all about trading. We’re the geeky upstarts who pioneered an industry. That was more than 20 years ago, and we’re still going strong. Today, we work across continents and serve over a million traders from around the globe.
Join us. Grow with us.