The DevOps Engineer will work alongside system specialists, testers, project teams and develops using Agile and DevOps tooling and methodologies. You will be responsible to ensuring the availability of all infrastructure, applications, environments, and services that for part of the CI/CD pipeline related to products and services. Application release will be a significant part of the role. You will personally be ensuring new features are promoted through the CI/CD pipeline. In addition, IaC and automation should be used to improve efficiencies and ensure consistency across environments.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Building out and evolving the Azure cloud platform and architecture
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Build, test and deploy cloud-based infrastructure and applications using CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Contribute to the coding of custom test automation frameworks
- Performs script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations
- Assists with setup/maintenance of environments for both manual and automated testing
- Commercial Experience in deploying and operating infrastructure (network, servers, services) and applications on Azure and other cloud environments
- Developing and operating using open source and commercial software within a cloud centric environment
- Server build and administration, Linux and Windows
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- 2+ years as a DevOps Engineer
- Working knowledge of databases
- Working understanding of Load balancing technologies
- Working understanding of IT service management (Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge management)
- Ability to work within a technical team of support engineers through day-to-day operations and critical incidents.
- Experience with DNS, Networking and High Availability solutions.
- Good understanding of distributed systems and container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes container infrastructure and orchestration.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet or Ansible (or similar tool), automating all aspects of system and server management.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skills, and demonstrated ability to build high-trust relationships
- Passionate, hungry, and eager to build FSDH into a world-class financial supermarket