As a Developer Relations Engineer, you will spearhead the adoption of new technologies in upstream communities. You will identify exciting new areas of development, programming languages, and classes of application, and explore ways to deliver those applications to Ubuntu users.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Gain a deep understanding of snaps, charms, debs and Docker images
- Grow the developer community by attracting software developers and ISVs to the platform
- Create content to scale up adoption, demonstrate best practices, and showcase new features
- Provide input to development teams at Canonical based on feedback from ISVs, developers, and the wider community
- Collaborate with software developers, product managers and technical writers
- Write ecosystem specific guides, tutorials, release notes, and white papers
- Curate existing documentation, performing periodic reviews, triage user feedback/bug reports and determine priorities for remedial work
- Engage with the community through various means, including discourse, IRC, social media, conferences, etc.
- Identify relevant influencers and devising plans on how to effectively engage with them
- Deliver training workshops in person and remotely
- Represent the platform via speaking engagements at industry events and community conferences
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You value soft skills and are enthusiastic, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You have experience with developer tools and open source projects
- You have a clear public record of accomplishments (talks, blog posts, GitHub, Twitter, etc)
- You have interest and experience with two or more of Ubuntu Linux - kernel or userspace, DevOps, software development, testing and QA, package management, container technology
- You can work autonomously and assume full ownership of objectives as needed
- You can be flexible with your time and enjoy working with new technology in a fast-paced environment
- You are experienced working with open source communities and understand the workflow of volunteer contributors
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.