- You will produce design materials for all Jumia marketing, commercial, onsite, and social engagements requirements.
- You will assist in creating and developing campaign ideas and concepts, applying consumer behavior insights to customer journeys and experiences on/in Jumia.
- You will share incremental improvements, feedback on the process, and participate in regular creative brainstorm sessions.
- You will produce design work, assist in training and managing Junior designers, quality control of design for all assets during campaigns, and normal CP. You will facilitate skills transfer to new and struggling designers through mentorship and hands-on training sessions.
- You will exemplify our Jumia culture as a senior designer to new hires; you will be expected to be a role model to all Jumia employees
Marketing and Sales:
- You will work with Vendor and Category management teams to shape the messaging and communication for Jumia campaigns.
UX and Product:
- You will be required to share feedback on our products to help refine and improve them. You will be required to participate in UX tests and reviews from time to time
- You will participate in training junior designers. You need to keep up with eCommerce trends and learnings from within Jumia and without, you will be expected to study and keep up with world design fails and success stories related to eCommerce, innovations from other leading platforms to help develop new ground-breaking products for local applications.
- You will incorporate best practices and success case scenarios to shape future marketing and engagement communications through design.
Brand maintenance and development:
- Maintain consistency in the use of the brands. You will study and use our brand guides and rule books to make sure all our communications adhere to our brand identity. You will act as a guardian to said brand identity and call out fails and breaches in said brand guides. You will train new designers on the brand guidelines and make sure all local touch points reflect said guidelines in all use cases. You will propose and observe areas of improvement for said guidelines; even if just to update them.
- Degree/Cert. in Design, Visual/Fine Arts or a relevant field
- 3+ years of experience leading creative experience design or comparative position or equivalent experience (experience in eCommerce/ customer experience would be a plus)
- Strong people skills
- Comfortable working in a high impact, high energy, fast-paced environment
- Proven competence in design standard tools e.g., Adobe suite
- Tolerant working under pressure where high stakes are on the table
- Showcased creativity
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African eCommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team