As a design engineer, you are responsible for the technical design of Equatorial Power’s installations. This will entail utilizing surveys to determine the customer needs and value chain requirements in order to define the most efficient system, both economically and technically.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Technical Design: Designing optimal systems for all Equatorial Power installations. This will include developing and utilizing tools, templates, processes, and support for validating the business model.
- Design Improvement: Utilizing data, feedback from the Operations team, feedback from customers, and other sources to continuously improve the operational and future installations.
- Innovation: Continuously exploring innovations relevant to Equatorial Power’s business model.
- Developing and improving the technical design process including standardizing tools and templates
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives. Evaluate plans or specifications to determine technological or environmental implications.
- Design and review technical designs of all Equatorial Power’s installations. This may include mini-grids, stand-alone, utility, commercial, and industrial projects across various technologies.
- Preparing detailed design documents including Single Line Diagrams, Construction sets, and Detailed BOQs for generation and distribution.
- Supporting the implementation team in the configuration and troubleshooting of systems on the ground.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Communicating with vendors and subcontractors on performance guarantees and standards through project development and implementation phases.
- Supporting work on the business model in order to ensure the technical and economic feasibility of the solutions.
- Perform analysis of data from the field in order to understand customer and value chain needs. The design as much as possible should follow the principles of Human Centred Design.
- Evaluating data from the field and feedback from the operations team to continuously improve the design process.
- Supporting Equatorial Power in exploring low-cost innovative solutions while delivering high-quality projects.
- Supporting the technical and customer operations teams to improve service delivery.
- Pursuing opportunities to develop skills and capacity is encouraged.
- Have a technical background and a strong foundation in renewable energy.
- At least 2 years of experience in designing off-grid and/or on-grid solar PV-based systems.
- Post Graduate in a related Engineering field.
- Working at HQ in Kampala.
- Willingness to travel to operations sites across current countries (UG, DRC, RW) and potential expansion countries.
- Alignment with EP Purpose and Values incl. Growth Mindset, Standards of Excellence, Team Work Ethic.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.