Ensure that the DCP OH&S policy is implemented in HQ and support the Group Head OHS&E with the implementation of Safety initiatives, Safety management system, and Safety programs.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:12 years
- Identify and work on ergonomics for office staff.
- Develop and conduct Safety training for office staff and defensive driving for HQ staff drivers.
- Assist management in managing COVID-19 in HQ in coordination with HAM and Group HSSE.
- Conduct induction safety training for new staff.
- Participate and conduct audits to evaluate Safety performance.
- Ensure relevant documents/records for safety are properly maintained at HQ.
- Provide specialist advise on matters relating to Safety
- Ensure compliance to all relevant Safety legal requirements
- Communicate with plant on regular basis to get all reports, run quality checks and maintain plant data.
- Meet requirement of Group HSSE & Sustainability on reporting.
- Conduct safety inspection / audit as and when required.
- To conduct driver’s training in HQ.
- Assist Group Head OHS&E in day today work.
- Maintain First aid boxes in render first aid when required.
- Visit plants when required.
Education and Qualification Requirements
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering.
- Qualified as an H&S Practitioner by a National or Internationally recognized organization
- Minimum of 12 years relevant experience as an HSSE professional
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent knowledge of Safety Management.
- Understanding of current concepts in Safety and/or related integrated management systems.
- Understanding of Nigerian Federal Laws related to Safety
- Knowledge of Audit and Inspection. Ability to conduct safety training.
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office programs.
- Understanding of typical plant operations/dynamics
- Experience in Cement industry or other heavy industry
- Initiative, drive and teamwork
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.