- A mature, seasoned professional who will direct, supervise and along with the General Manager
- Coordinate the activities of the company to ensure 24/7 power supply to its customers in accordance with the policies, goals and objectives established and approved by the Board of Directors based on the Company’s principal contracts and commitments to its primary stakeholders.
- Degree in Engineering.
- Masters degree in Engineering and/or business management preferred.
- At least 10 years experience at management level. Experience of leading an independent power project preferred.
- Reporting Reports to Board of Directors.
- Principal Responsibilities Along with he General Manager:
- Direct internal operations to achieve budgeted results, internal financial criteria, and to preserve the company’s invested capital funds.
- Direct internal operations to ensure that the company’s assets are maintained and protected through proactive O&M and planning.
- Direct systems operations and integration to ensure consistent 24/7 power supply to the company’s customers on a continuous basis.
- Direct internal operations to ensure strict adherence with the company’s HSE policies and all applicable national and international HSE legislation and regulations.
- Direct internal operations to ensure strict adherence with the terms of the company’s licenses and regulatory approvals.
- Maintain good standing relationships with the company’s regulators.
- Participate in the development and preparation of short-term and long-
- Range plans and budgets based upon the company’s strategic goals and objectives. Recommends adoption to the Board
- Direct the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the company.
- Develop and establish operating policies consistent with the macro- level policies and objectives and insures their adequate execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically.
- Lias with the Company Secretary that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Develop and maintains a sound plan of organization. Establishes policies to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession for those functions/business units falling under his/her responsibility.
- Direct the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies throughout the organization, including compensation policies and employee benefit plans. Ensures that the interests and welfare of employees as individuals are preserved and protected. Ensures capacity building of the organization through adequate Human Resource Development.
- Ensure smooth administrative functioning of the organization through deployment of appropriate resources.
- Operations and strategic management
- Project management of large infrastructure projects
- Adoptive leadership
- Negotiation skills
- Resource acquisition, allocation and utilization
- Strong public sector understanding and knowledge
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills
- Strong regulatory agencies relationship management skills.