POSITION TITLE: REPORTS TO: Finance Controller / General Manager
- Ensure that the guests have the best possible experience by trouble-shooting and resolving all billing-related disputes.
- Represents the finance department on the daily Department Heads meeting with the General Manager.
- Manage all phases of Accounts Payable, Receivable, and Department budgets.
- Monitor each departmental expense and work directly with every HOD to cut down the operational cost to a minimum of 10%
- Working with HOD’s to prepare departmental budgets and track profit/loss performance by the department.
- Calculate and distribute wages and salaries.
- Prepare regular reports and summaries of accounting activities.
- Prepare financial statements and debtor's listings.
- Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management.
- Providing direction to the night audit team so as to ensure proper revenue reporting.
- Reviewing all ledger details guest ledger, city ledger, and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- Review the postings, payments, and revenue and guest balance reports on a daily basis.
- Ensure correct taxation is applied on all billing software like Property Management systems (PMS), Point of Sale (POS), and others if any.
- Ensure that all statutory details (PAN, TAX NO, Company Registration no. Etc.) are displayed on the guest invoices and bills.
- Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively.
- Maintain banking relationships and negotiating loans and merchant services for business units.
- Maintains files of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
- Maintaining and transferring money between bank accounts as required.
- Performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions.
- Approving all Travel Agent commissions and releasing payments after verification.
- Preparing financial reports and submissions to relevant government entities.
- Monitors and contains all property inventories to ensure proper levels without causing burdens on property cash flows.
- Document, monitor, and implement measures to safeguard the fixed assets of the hotel
- Preparing and presenting financial report and bank reconciliation report against sales collection for General Manager and Owners.
- Working with executives and business heads to prepare budgets and track profit/loss performance by business unit.
- Providing direction and training to hotel operational team in areas related to finance, financial reports, internal controls, labour management, payroll, etc.
- Effectively manage the accounting team through respectful communication, clear expectations, relevant training, productive coaching, regular meetings, and appropriate performance management.
- Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities.
- Oversee the Operations of Purchase & Store Department.
- Involve in the purchasing negotiations to get the advantage of the best price to the company
- Monitor minimum stock level, FIFO, expiry storage conditions etc of all items stored in the stores.
- Perform the duties of Manager on Duty as allocated.
- Experience: Minimum 8 years of work experience with nothing less than 5 years in the hotel industry
- This job role is opened Preferably for a Female candidate
- Candidate's location: Must Reside on Island in Lagos
Salary: NGN 250,000 - 300,000 gross
- One month paid leave after completion of 12 months continues service
- Service charge entitled after 03 months of employment.