As a Demi-Chef de Partie, you are responsible to take care of the daily food preparation and duties assigned to meet the set standard and qualities. Your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Support the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef in the daily operation and work
- Work according to the menu specifications enforced by the Chef de Partie, and defined by the Head Chef and Sous Chef
- Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules defined
- Prepare the daily mise-en-place and food production in different stations, or for general food production
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques, in the food industry, and as used in the Eden Star Kitchen
- Instruct and lead Commis through their daily requirements in food preparation
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
- Receiving deliveries and verifying that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality.
- Taking inventory of supplies and notifying chef supervisors of low or depleted supplies.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maintain a smooth and friendly work environment
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Sous Chef, Head Chef, and Food Producer.
- You should have a professional kitchen apprenticeship or chefs training course and previous experiences in quality establishments along with good culinary skills.
- The ability to communicate well in English and a proven track of food preparation, presentation and preservation knowledge is essential.
- Positively spirited and passionate about food and committed to working together with the entire team to deliver an amazing customer experience every time.
- You are a very positive, dynamic, creative and dedicated team player
- Level 1 Food Safety Certificates
- Previous kitchen experience
Alongside some of these more general skills that all good Demi- Chef de Partie should possess:
- Effective Communication
- Ability to effectively supervise Commis, and general operations
- Team player qualities
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results