We are looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer to join our team of data scientists and engineers to build, deploy, and iterate on large-scale data pipelines and applications. At Automattic, We are the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and Tumblr
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Examine the data in HDFS and propose any solutions that could help us use the resources of the cluster more efficiently.
- Create a data retention policy for datasets in HDFS and communicate it to teams responsible for creating the datasets.
- Should users report that their ETL jobs are running slow, find out what is causing this and propose solutions.
- Help to build a near real time system for counting application crashes by various metrics operating system and app release version, and propose a technical solution.
- Build a stream processing pipeline that signals when users are online and expose this as a service that product teams can use to power their applications.
- You should be familiar with the basics of Docker, have proficiency in Bash and a JVM language, Go or Python.
- You should be willing to learn
- You should care about architecture, unit testing, and building reliable infrastructure and pipelines.
- You should have experience in managing, monitoring, and tuning services in production.
- You are motivated to propose technical solutions, own software architecture, evaluate technologies and infrastructure, develop a rollout plan, and bring your solution into production with a focus on service availability, reliability, and performance.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.