• Strategic business development through effective customer service management
• Inventory management and retail coordination
• Revenue generation- Rigorously drive sales target
Core working relationships:
• Clients and Walk in customers
• Technical Team
• Logistics and Procurement Team
• Account Team
• Sales Operations
• Providing and enhancing overall customer experience to clients and walk in customers for the purpose of revenue generation
• Primary point of contact for clients from design and project execution to attending to client meetings and making presentation as may be required.
• Monitor and remain current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
• Prepare departmental sales performance reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information from other members of the Customer Service and Sales Department
• Sell furniture products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
• Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance.
• Make presentations to clients on the company’s product and services to facilitate the closure of sales
• Drive the organization’s Net Promoter Score (NPS) and ensure existing clients recommend to others
• Implement a culture of First Call resolution across the department
• Identify new markets by creating new opportunities using demographics and psychographics. Leverage other sectors in creating promos etc.
• Ensure timely Delivery and confirmation processes with transparency and simplicity
• Support great customer experience and tools for engagement/culture audit – support must be available to customers across multiple channels in a timely manner
• Obtain and articulate clients’ brief and assist them in identifying the solution they require.
• Ensure that clients’ are provided with weekly updates on their project or order
• Ensure that clients’ complaints are resolved on time
• Ensure that email and telephone enquiries are responded to promptly within 24 hours
• Ensure that quotations, tenders and job orders are accurately compiled before sending to the clients.
• Daily showroom walkthrough to attach price tags to all items.
• Coordinate the update of departmental documentations regularly as assigned
• Update showroom stock movement records daily
• Coordinate the daily preparation of activity reports on the following; Sales closure, number of unconfirmed orders converted to sales, growth of customers’ database, walk-in clients: Prioritized and segmented by order value, number of online enquiries received and attended to, customer complaints received and resolved daily
• Visit clients’ sites as may be required (before commencement of project, during installation and after installation for resolution and sign off)
Key Job Attributes:
• The ability to Multitask
• The ability to work with a team
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to be proactive and deliver results
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Attention to details
• Possess analytic and problem solving skills
• Proficiency in the Microsoft package
• Effective Communication
• Persuasion skills
• Social Perceptiveness
• Critical Thinking
• Negotiation Skills
• Service Orientation
• Active Learning
• Coordination skills
• Good Judgment and Decision Making
• Performance Monitoring
• Excellent communication skills and evidence of building strong relationships
• Solid knowledge of digital technologies including those involving content management, web analytics, search engine marketing, email marketing, website usability
• Able to develop strong value propositions consistent with Customer needs
• Knowledge of the company’s product and services
• Ability to connect strategic thinking and planning with hands – on tactical execution
• Project Management Skills
• Excellent Presentation skills
• Must be Social Media savvy
• Networking skills
• Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
• Customer Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
· A Degree in Marketing communications, Social sciences or Business Administration.
· An MBA will be an added advantage
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Customer service and sales oriented role.
· 4 years’ experience in a supervisory role.