- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyse applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans Develop and implement growth strategies.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Review and update credit and loan files and ensure liquidation of loans granted.
Desired qualifications and skill
- 3 to 5 years of working experience (preferably in a CBN Licensed Finance House)
- BSc/HND in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Statistics and other related field
- A minimum of second class Upper (BSc) or Higher credit (HND)
- Working knowledge of the entire underwriting process from loan application to funds disbursement and collections.
- Understanding of credit risk and country risk management process.
- Understanding of credit risk mitigation and financing mechanisms.
- Strong financial and credit analysis skills and undertakes detailed data analysis.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting
- Ability to work in a goal-oriented environment where you will be evaluated on your KPIs
- Outstanding communication skills and a passion for creating an extraordinary customer experience regardless of the final credit decision.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills including the ability to properly identify the key credit risks, and reach a prompt and well thought out credit decision.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite.