The producer also needs to have a proven background in following through projects from conceptualisation, fundraising to pre-prod/prod/post and sales/distribution/dissemination.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3 years + experience producing video work (music clips, short doc, short fiction, ads)
- Fluent in English. A working level of French is a major asset for the job. The ability to communicate in other major African languages is a plus
- Experience executing production projects from conceptualisation to dissemination with minimum supervision
- Experience producing/organising commercial events and showcases
- Experience working in production in Africa is a big asset
- Interested in telling and sharing African stories
- Have a good understanding of the creative sphere, particularly in West Africa
- Up-to-date knowledge of latest production trends and tools
- Ability to deliver effectively under pressure
- Ability and desire to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to bring fresh and new perspectives to the production space
- Ability to manage and absorb detailed feedback
- The ability to film/operate a camera or direct is an asset
- Ability to work closely with video editors, supervise and manage the editing process, clients’ feedback and reworking versions is an asset.
- Willing to relocate
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Process everything from conceptualizing ideas and assembling the right team to overseeing the project through to the finishing stages of production
- Conceive, organise, and produce events and marketing & communications programs, both online and offline, from start to finish
- Draft pitch budgets
- Design and manage tight production budget
- Lead and direct production crews in different countries
- Support in all aspects of multimedia productions and consulting services such as keeping equipment inventory up to date, online research, interview transcripts and data collection
- A permanent contract in our offices in Abidjan (Ivory Coast) with a probation period (3 to 6 months)
- A competitive salary on the Ivorian market, based on both pan-African and international benchmarking.
- An attractive salary package: health insurance, travel insurance for international trips, training and professional/personal development in relevant fields, gym allowance, a discretionary performance bonus at the end of the year (after 12 months of employment).
- If necessary, a relocation allowance that covers the transport and temporary accommodation