The Creative Director will lead the Creative department whilst bringing a mix of marketing expertise and business understanding to the position. The ideal candidate must also have a natural eye for design and a drive to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences. As creative lead, the shortlisted candidate will not only provide creative inputs for projects but will also be involved in the business development tasks with the marketing department and pitch for new clients.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:10 years
- Direct creative strategy and execution on all accounts.
- Actively lead new business pitches.
- Estimate creative projects that are profitable.
- Develop leadership skills through mentoring and training.
- Qualify, prioritize and delegate workloads for the team.
- Mentor team of copywriters and creative executives - manage their performance and career development.
- Own small, medium and large projects.
- Work with the brand team to produce new ideas for company branding, promotional campaigns, and marketing communications.
- Evaluate trends, assess new data, and keep up-to-date with the latest marketing techniques.
- Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges.
- Help engender a sense of balance between creative magic and commerce among the team to ensure a win-win situation for us and the brands in our care.
- Ensure a high percentage of pitch wins. 70% and above.
- Ensure a sense of timeliness and team spirit in the Creative Department to help the Agency keep its promises on deadlines.
- End the year with a cache of work that is good enough for entry into international creative awards.
- Spearhead and manage content strategy for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology.
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales departments in developing marketing plans, analyzing results, and identifying opportunities.
- Develop internal marketing campaigns that translate marketing objectives across business units into clear and motivating creative strategies.
- 10 -12 years of related experience with 7+ years of creative direction in an agency or corporate setting
- Years of experience creating marketing/advertising campaigns from developing vision and the messaging platform to overseeing production on time and budget
- Understanding and past experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understanding offline and print
- Proven experience with concept development
- Good understanding of market research and insights
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Prior experience with copywriting, design, and pre-campaign planning
- Prior project management experience, with a focus on creative direction
Location: Surulere, Lagos State.