prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning
· Develop schemes of work and lesson plans.
· Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
· Prepare classroom for class activities.
· Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
· Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet pupil’s varying needs.
· Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
· Use relevant technology to support instruction.
· Observe and evaluate pupil's performance and development.
· Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
· Provide appropriate feedback on work.
· Encourage and monitor the progress of individual pupils.
· Maintain accurate and complete records of pupils' progress and development.
· Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by law, district policies and school regulations.
· Prepare required reports on pupils and activities.
· Manage pupil’s behaviour in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
· Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
· Apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary.
· Perform certain pastoral duties including student support, counselling students with academic problems and providing student encouragement.
· Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations.
· Participate in department and school meetings, parent meetings.
· Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
· Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities.
Ideal candidate must have the following:
· First degree in a reputable institution.
· Minimum of 3years experience in a primary school.
· Good planning and delivery skills in a classroom using a variety of visual aids and teaching resources.
· Good oral and written English skills.
· Good pupil engagement and management skills.
· Must have excellent IT and communication skills.