USAfrica Trade and Business Network, Inc. is a New York state incorporated nonprofit organization working to boost trade and investment between the United States and Africa. We achieve this by connecting U.S. and African businesses with new buyers, suppliers, and investment opportunities. For over six years, we have hosted multiple events at the United Nations Headquarters, New York to facilitate bilateral relations between Africa and the United States and many of the connections made at these events have led to long-term relationships and strategic partnerships. We host the annual USAfrica Business Expo, a B2B Trade event taking place in New York City the weekend preceding the UN General Assembly. It is targeted at Government agencies/Parastatals, Manufacturers, Small Business Owners, Entrepreneurs, and Start-Ups as an enabling arena where opportunities are created, deals are made and different government bodies engage for a more thriving US & Africa bilateral relation. USAfrica Business Expo calls for interested Country Representatives to represent the organization in the various countries in Africa.
Country Representative Role:
- Act as Official Representative and Liaison of the HUB/Expo in your country
- Get Speakers related to AGOA and Government Officials related to International Trade and Relations to speak or handle panel session at the event
- Submit Collaboration Letter to your Country Government and related bodies
- Provide Prospective Sponsors and Partners from your Country, Submit Letters and Follow Up till results is ascertained.
- Get Delegates from your country government to register as a Participant and Exhibitor at the event.
- Get Entrepreneurs willing to exhibit and participate at the event.
- Publicity of the event in your country using various methods deem fit.
- Get entrepreneurs with their ready products register on our portal to help connect sellers to buyers
- Every other duty as delegated.
- 3+ years’ experience proven program management experience in a developing country setting
- Preferred to have experience in a managing role or equivalent role in NGOs
- Knowledge of Trade and Investment
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Professional knowledge in diverse development approaches Demonstrable leadership, organizational, managerial and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, conceptualize new ideas, digest and analyze complex information and present coherent work plan or implementation plan
- Entrepreneurial and proactive
- Possess professional attitude and diligence and able to work independently as well as work in a team
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- Proven skills in networking and relationship building
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills
- Excellent writing and facilitation skills
- Strong communication and representational skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Willingness to often travel when required
- Remuneration plan for Country Representative is structured to ensure fairness and dedication to discharge of duties and it’s based on commission and free event participation to New York City for exceptional country reps and international exposure.
Bridging The Gap:
- We understand that your country has enormous resources yet tapped, amazing entrepreneurs with innovative products but no international relations and export ideology. Its time you step up and bridge the gap.
- USAfrica Business Expo wants to help African Businesses Navigate and find new international markets for its export-ready products and we sure with you as a country rep, we are in safe hands.