Farmerline is the fastest growing Agtech company in Africa with a recent pre-Series A funding of $14 million led by Acumen Resilient Agriculture Fund (ARAF), Oikocredit and FMO, the Dutch entrepreneurial development bank and nine other global investors. We are a learning organization and you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity to solve problems every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humour, you’ll thrive at Farmerline. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination. The Country Manager will oversee the business launch, development, and overall management of the company in Ivory Coast. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the introduction of the right strategies to enable Farmerline to establish itself successfully in the Ivory Coast. In order to succeed in this position, you need to be highly driven, have a passion for learning about and engaging with new cultures, and have the desire to build a business from the ground up.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:10 years
Revenue Generation & Farmer Impact
- Develop and execute a detailed country work plan capturing the core focus of Farmerline’s business( input sourcing/sales, commodity sourcing/sales, Mergdata) that identifies, prioritizes, and sequences the activities required for successful delivery
- Lead the Farmer Services team to identify, profile and build a detailed national database of commodity suppliers (outgrower businesses, aggregators, nucleus farmers, coops, and farmer groups) ahead of supplies.
- Lead the development and deployment of a credit appraisal, monitoring and recovery system for the smooth running of the input & commodity financing business model
- Maintain working knowledge of national agricultural sector development plans in order to identify and pursue opportunities to mobilize resources to support Farmerline’s priorities and advocate for public and private sector stakeholders to scale Farmerline’s demonstrated intervention models in Ivory Coast.
- Draw on the expertise of Farmeline’s thematic leads in the systems, partnerships, and policy work to enhance the operations and optimize the country strategies, and link program investments and activities to other Farmerline initiatives.
- Develop country’s aspects of the company’s vision and strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Coordinate country-level interventions set out in the country plan, and provide leadership and guidance to the Corporate Services, Impact/Learning, and Farmer Service teams, working with them to deliver innovative intervention models across the value chain.
- Coordinate, facilitate, report, and oversee implementation of Farmeline-supported investments in Ivory Coast and foster the integration and learning of Farmerlines’s interventions in Ivory Coast.
- Leverage research to identify what drives impact for the farmer and value to the supply chain, and build a model that will achieve scalable sustainability and improved quality of technology distribution
- Drive Farmerline’s strategy to improve farmers' access to and use of agro-inputs on a large scale, at an affordable cost, and in a sustainable way across the Ivory Coast
Government and Partner Relations
- Identify local consultants and agents in Ivory Coast and build strategic alliances with them to facilitate the winning and implementation of projects
- Lead the Corporate Services team to convene and build relationships with government, private sector, donors, civil society organizations, and others with a presence in the country, to build and nurture country-level partnerships deemed essential to Farmerline’s mission in the country.
- Represent Farmerline in key meetings and forums of the government and its development partners including donor coordination meetings that contribute to the advancement of Farmerline’s investments in the country.
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities to mobilize resources in support of Farmerline’s priorities and/or advocating for public and private sector stakeholders to scale demonstrated intervention models in the country.
- Stay abreast with government legislation and policies to identify opportunities to support Farmerline’s innovation, scale, and Impact.
- Build relationships that can support Farmerline to establish formal operational and partnership agreements with the Government of IVC.
- Provide high-level guidance and direction to teams on the company’s expansion plan, recruitment needs, priorities, KPIs, and strategy. Synthesize monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on progress and development
- Structure and ensure appropriate performance management systems for each team member to achieve business goals.
- Spearhead the recruitment of qualified candidates to fill vacant roles in Ivory Coast.
- Advice on competitive salary rates for specific roles in Ivory Coast.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in agriculture-related international development work.
- At least 7 years of program design, and project management experience, particularly over diverse value chains and teams working across diverse geographies.
- Experience working with a large multinational development agency in a management and coordination role is an advantage.
- Bilingual in French and English, ability to write and speak in both languages
- Master's Degree in Management or an advanced degree in Management, Sales, or International Trade.
- A solid history of data-driven strategic development
- Decisive and committed
- Proficient in project design, management, and M&E
- Deep understanding of the country’s local politics to enforce laws and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people management, leadership, and verbal/written communication.
- Proven experience in managing medium to large team sizes( 30+)
Location: L'cote d'ivoire.
Remuneration: NGN 2,000,000 (million) and it's Negotiable
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.