Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively develops commercially feasible new skincare products or modifies existing ones.
- Designs & conducts experiments requiring the selection of equipment & materials for the delivery of the project.
- Follows projects from prototype development through manufacturing.
- Contributes to establishing manufacturing procedures.
- Assures that all testing to guarantee a marketable final product is on schedule.
- Precisely measure product characteristics and make timely recordings of the results.
- Identifies technical learning, issues and solutions for all projects, provides suggestions on all experiments and technicalities.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of formulations, procedures, observations, results
- Oversee and direct process scale-up, including manufacturing batch adjustments and troubleshooting
- Conduct stability testing and troubleshoot unstable formulas to ensure commercial feasibility
- Maintain working knowledge of raw material innovations and emerging research in the cosmetic science field by proactively researching new concepts, materials, processes, and technical opportunities
- Source and validate new raw materials according to internal standards
- Maintain a working knowledge of cosmetic regulations for cosmetics/active ingredient regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualification
- HND, BSc. or MSc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cosmetics Science or related scientific discipline.
- The ideal candidate must have 5 years’ experience in Research & Development, marketing and formulating cosmetic/skincare products
- Working knowledge, and progressive understanding of natural emulsion techniques (o/w, w/o, and micro-emulsions), thickeners, surfactants, actives, preservation systems
- Creative thinking, technical writing and organizational skills.
- Must be able to easily adapt to priority changes and able to work on simultaneous projects to meet established deadlines.
- Hands-on experience in manufacturing packaging of Skincare products, and market strategy formulation.
- Ability to work independently