- This position is responsible for planning, designing schedules, and implementation of corrosion control strategies, monitoring, reviewing, and reporting on the status of pipeline networks to ensure their integrity for continuous natural gas flow.
- The successful candidate shall participate in HAZID and HAZOP review sessions and ensure that all recommendations are painstakingly implemented.
- Working knowledge of paint application and control and the metallographic procedure is required to be successful for this job coupled with the international standards and codes:- NACE, ASME, API, and ASTM for corrosion and control standards such as API-571, API -580, API- 570 and API 510.
- International best practices in the pipeline and associated equipment integrity assessment must be ensured at all times by the position occupant.
- The successful candidate shall report to the operations manager.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Metallurgical/Materials Engineering/Chemical/ Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- 5 to 10 years experience in corrosion and metallurgical analysis and control in oil and gas industry;
- valid NACE specialist Certification or NACE Senior Corrosion Technologist or equivalent certification;
- Knowledge of SAP system.
- The skills for this position occupier to be successful include but not limited to problem-solving, spoken and written English language, interpersonal and people management, Communication, presentation, and Technical report writing.