- Work well under pressure and within the time limit
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure that food cooked is done according to recipes you are taught
- Ensure great presentation of food by dressing dishes neatly before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check the quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and inform management when there are shortages
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.
- Great communication skills between kitchen staff, waitresses and management at all points in time
- Good team working skills
- Culinary Arts training experience
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.