- Bachelor's degree or above in Civil Engineering or Laws.
- Minimum 5 years contract/ claims management experience with major corporations, international consultants or contractors, specialized in infrastructure, road, building, port or other large civil engineering contracts.
- Proficient in the resolution/conciliation of international claims and disputes; institutional development; project management; contract procurement and administration.
- Involved in management of claims including drafting of amicable agreements and the settlement and conciliation of the litigations, prior to arbitration.
- Expert in all FIDIC Contracts particularly in Red Book 2017.
- Have an extensive contract and commercial experience in preparation of contract documentation, tender negotiation, contract administration, time and cost claim processes, conflict resolution, and complaints handling.
- Ability to formulate opinions on new rates (variations) for unscheduled work.
- Have excellent written and verbal English communication skills, capable to provide high-quality briefings, submissions, and reports.
- Good at Microsoft Excel, Word, P6, AutoCAD, and PowerPoint.
- In charge of successful claims (EOT/ Cost + Profit) in World Bank’s, African Development Bank’s, or other financers’ projects in the past 5 years.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify potential opportunities of outgoing claims, develop successful claim strategies, collect supportive documents, prepare claim notices/ reports and negotiate with the Engineer and the Employer.
- Analyse the incoming claims, develop counterclaim strategies, prepare counterclaim reports and negotiate with the Engineer and the Employer.
- Collaborate closely with and provide contractual advice/ support to project management(s) to ensure the effective execution of the contract(s).