WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Research assigned topics, come up with a unique title/headline that gets readers hooked, and create a content outline. You’ll be given strict templates to use unless stated otherwise.
- Write Search Engine Optimized (SEO), plagiarism-free articles/blog posts as a subject-matter expert on assigned topics. We will screen your article using plagiarism software to prevent any copyright violation.
- Edit or rewrite existing content to meet marketing objectives.
- Source relevant royalty-free visuals (e.g. image, tables, graphs, screenshots/charts, infographic, YouTube video, slideshow, etc.) to include in your article.
- Upload and optimize articles on a website using a WordPress theme page builder (e.g. Gutenberg or Classic editor).
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE – COMPULSORY (Please do NOT apply if you do not meet the following requirements):
- Interest in long-term content writing work.
- Ability to paraphrase/summarize written content in professional English. You will be expected to complete a writing exercise if short-listed.
- Proven ability to use a variety of productivity software including Google Docs, Google Sheet, Task Management software (e.g. Trello, SmartTask, etc.), and other work-related tools.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Detail-oriented and a fast learner.
- Ability to use initiative and the originality of your work.
- Great work ethics to ensure that projects are completed on schedule.
NOTE: Previous experience is NOT required, as you’ll be trained and given resources to assist you along the way.
- Computer Requirement: As this is a remote-work opportunity, you are expected to have your own personal computer (either a laptop or desktop computer) to get the job done.
- Internet Requirements: As you have to be constantly connected to the team through digital tools, you must have your own high-speed/reliable internet (wifi connection).
- Phone Requirements: Similarly, you are expected to have a functioning mobile phone with WhatsApp capabilities and should be reachable by phone during an agreed predetermined time.
NICE TO HAVE (Not Compulsory)
- 1+ years of content writing experience.
- Knowledge of blogging best practices, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and/or copywriting.
- Experience in optimizing the content on self-hosted WordPress (i.e. wordpress.org) will be a major plus.