- Monitors flow and productivity in the department and recommends improved processes.
- Ability to advise on the efficient and smooth running of the department. Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with staff and members of the health care team.
- Foster a collaborative atmosphere with other members of the healthcare team. Exercise responsibility for the maintenance and accuracy of facility reports, database records and logs.
- Completes all documentation, including computerized documentation
- Daily reviews of all inpatient obstetric and gynaecologic patients
- Prompt reviews of all outpatient obstetric and gynaecological patients at all hours
- conducting antenatal service for all ante-natal patients in conjunction with family physician
- Responsible for training and skill improvement processes of all clinical staff with respect to Obstetrics and gynaecology
- planning of ante-natal and delivery care for all registered patients
- supervision of labour and delivery of all patients.
- work closely with Director, Nursing Services to improve quality of mid-wifery care administered during labour
- Ensure adherence to best practice with respect to all aspects of obstetrics and gynaecology care
- Conduct both routine and complicated c-sections and gynaecological surgeries.
- Conduct bi-annual O&G update course for clinical staff.
- Advise management constantly as regards improvement of care regarding obstetric practice
- Other duties as assigned by the Medical Director
SKILL/ ATTRIBUTES/ COMPETENCIES
Adhere to accepted professional and ethical standards.
Provide patient services consistent with the scope of practice and clinical standards.
Upholds strong leadership skills.
Commitment to continuing professional development and teaching.
Should have responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing medical education (CME).
Should upgrade themselves regularly by learning advanced treatment methods.
Awareness of own strengths and weaknesses.
Good interpersonal skills.
Must be polite, enthusiastic and should have a pleasant personality.
Enquiring, critical approach to work.
Caring attitude to patients.
Should raise appropriate questions to the patients and make them feel comfortable while discussing any health issues.
Must carry the confidence and have the ability to take appropriate decisions in case of conflicts in the treatment process.
Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills and software programs used for documentation activities and report generation
should have the ability to diagnose the disease appropriately and provide proper treatment assistance to the patients
Be skilled at using advanced treatment methods which are best in the industry.
MBBS and must have completed residency training in O&G
0-3 years’ work experience as consultant O&G
Reports to: Medical Director