Oak and Satin Ltd, a budding real estate development company driven with a passion for quality and excellence seeks applications from qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Construction Project Manager.
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- Commissioning, organizing and assessing the work of contractors.
- Working with detailed diagrams, plans and drawings using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project;
- Monitoring and overseeing building systems and processes;
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings;
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect;
- Planning the work and efficiently organizing the site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines;
- Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site;
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws;
- Innovate and develop new standards, policies, and procedures for engineering work as necessary to minimize costs and maximize efficiency.
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations;
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications;
- Remain up-to-date with current and trending elements of design, construction, and technology.
- Organize and maintain project files
- Assist with collation of all relevant planning documentation and assist with follow up on approvals where necessary, until consent is obtained for the Group’s projects.
- Undertake all such other tasks or duties as may be assigned to his from time to time as may be required to meet the needs of the Company.
We require a minimum of Bachelor degree or HND in a construction-related or engineering discipline:
Minimum of 5 years work experience is required
Experience with a reputable construction company would be an added advantage.
The individual will need to demonstrate:
• Interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
• Ability to accomplish goals, evaluate results, develop schedules and can organize multiple activities effectively utilizing available resources
• Ability to write reports, presentations to employees, clients, top management.
• Intermediate skills and knowledge with AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft word, Ms. excel, Ms. project.
• The ability to multitask and prioritise workload
• Confident decision making
• Time management skills
• Good communication skills, excellent writing and verbal skills
• High attention to details.
• Strong organization and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients